Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
OHSAS 18001 is an occupational health and safety management systems implemented worldwide. It comprises the policies, plans and practices of any company for handling occupational health and safety matters. The system is adaptable to any company’s needs and requirements, considering that each company has unique occupation health and safety hazards. Being certified proves that the company meets all legal requirements and has a safe environment to do business. And there are many other advantages of being OHSAS 18001 certified.
• Creating a work environment with low risk of accidents and/or professional diseases. Companies who adopt this standard strive for zero work related accidents and professional diseases. The standard provides a framework for identifying occupational health and safety hazards and minimizing the associated risks. OHSAS 18001 provides the tools for identifying the dangers and improve employee risk awareness.
• Implementing the standard will greatly reduce accident rates. Furthermore, it will improve accident reporting and post-accident processes, including monitoring, accident investigation and damage control. These translate into a significant decrease of accident and insurance costs.
• Demonstrates that the company is committed to have an effective health and safety policy. The company shows that health and safety are a priority for the top management team and it has the right means for protecting all employees.
• Improves reputation and investor satisfaction. Having safety policies compliant to this standard improves corporate image and credibility among clients, potential business partners, regulators and the general public. A major accident caused by inadequate safety practices can be disastrous for the company.
• Allows the company to gain a major advantage on the market. Ensuring legislative awareness and compliance proves that the company has efficient safety management practices, which is highly appreciated on the market.
• By displaying results of audits, inspections, risk assessments, the company will be regarded as a very transparent one, again, gaining good reputation amongst all business partners and potential clients.
• Better work results from company’s employees. Providing a safe working environment will increase productivity and efficiency. Workers who know that they are protected against will perform better.
• Implementing OHSAS 18001 is an efficient way to tackle absenteeism. Absenteeism is a major problem for any company. When it is caused by improper conditions which lead to occupational health problems, urgent measures must be taken. Improving work environments will lead to higher employee morale and greater involvement and commitment. Overall, the absenteeism problem will be reduced and easier to manage and the productivity of the company will increase.
Author: Waqas Jawed
Hi, Waqas Jawed is SEO Expert and Blogger, He started his online working career at the age of 14. when he was only 7 year old he had high fever which cause him Hearing Problems. and he is doing his intermediate (Commerce) from (Karachi Private Board) and He is most hardworking guy at every team and company.